And we begin.
I was going to bake something out of one of my cookbooks but the lovely Libby from work showed me this picture and I couldn’t resist. Oreos are my favorite, I had no choice in the matter. After making these I remembered why I never make cheesecake. They turned out yummy but they’re just so temperamental, like little babies.
The recipe is extremely simple. Honestly, anyone can do this just be careful when baking it not to take it out too early or leave it in too long. Like I said, temperamental. When cooking cheesecake, when it’s done it doesn’t look done is the fair assumption. It should look like it has set a little bit, and then the middle should still be a little jiggly. Rest assured, after refrigerating the little guys they’ll be perfect.
You start out by putting an oreo at the bottom of each cupcake liner. Note: If you choose a light colored liner you can see the oreo through the bottom which is kinda cute.
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcake Recipe
Yields about 30 cupcakes
Set Oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit
– 1 Package of Oreos
– 2 lbs (32 oz) Cream Cheese (room temperature)
– 1 cup Sugar
– 1 tsp Vanilla extract
– 4 Large Eggs (room temperature, lightly beaten together in separate bowl)
– 1 cup Sour Cream
– A pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
2. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
4. Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22-24 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Remove from tins just before serving.
(Courtesy of Martha Stewart)
Here it is! The final cupcake (after being refrigerated over night)
Oh goodness I love cream cheese.