Happy Pi Day everyone. I thought about making a pie, I really did, but I’ve been craving cheesecake for weeks, so forgive me. Cheesecake is kind of like pie, right? Forgiveness shouldn’t be too difficult after I show you how amazing these cookie dough cheesecake bars are.
Let’s start at the bottom, with a buttery graham cracker crust scattered with mini chocolate chips that lends itself beautifully to the creamy layer of cheesecake, topped with some delicious cookie dough. At first I was kind of bummed about the small amount of cheesecake that was in the bar, but once you take a bite you won’t even care anymore. It is perfection.
What I loved about these bars was that it didn’t require all of the time spent in the oven and then in the refrigerator. Normally, cheesecake requires almost an hour in the oven and then a good 6+ hours to refrigerate. This does not work in my book. These guys only need 30 minutes in the oven and then just an hour or so in the fridge.
The one thing that upsets me about this recipe is that it doesn’t make nearly enough for how much you’re going to want to eat. Next time, I’m doubling this!
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tbs unslated butter, room temp
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tbs granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 10 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Butter a 9inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper (or foil if you don't have parchment). Butter parchment paper.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs & butter unti crumbs are moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press crust mixture into bottom of pan. Bake for 6 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer, mix butter, brown sugar, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract at medium speed until smooth. Decrease speed and add in flour. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract, beating just until blended. Pour batter into baked crust. Drop cookie dough by the teaspoonfuls over the top of the filling.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until set. Transfer to rack to cool. Once cooled, put in fridge for about an hour, or until cooled completely.
- Using the edges of parchment paper, lift bars out of pan and cut into squares.
Recipe from Bake or Break, from The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook
Printed with love from Thursday Night Baking