#48 Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Happy One Year Anniversary to Thursday Night Baking Blog!!
I can’t believe it was a year ago today that I decided to start on this crazy adventure! The positive feed back I have received from all of you has been beyond humbling. I love this blog, I love you guys. In the past year I’ve gone from a spare time Wordpress blog to having my own domain name and making it on to FoodGawker and TasteSpotting. I smile so big just thinking about it. Thanks for being so awesome! Cheers to going strong! ::clink::
In honor of this fabulous day (although it’s raining here in So.Cal) I thought I would share with you these absolutely delicious cupcakes! Chocolate and Peanut Butter is the ultimate combination for me. I could bake just Chocolate and Peanut Butter goodies for the rest of my time and be quite happy. But imagine Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, or Tagalongs if you’re a Girl Scout Cookie eater (so good…). This is a moist chocolate cupcake with a silky smooth Peanut Butter Frosting. It’s heaven in your mouth, I kid you not. I’m considering making this frosting and keeping it on hand to put on oreo’s when I am too tired to bake – it’s that good.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Cupcake adapted from Cook’s Illustrated
Frosting from Barefoot Contessa by Ina Garten
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard-size muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine butter, chocolate, and cocoa in medium heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan containing simmering water; heat mixture until butter and chocolate are melted and whisk until smooth and combined. (You can also microwave the mixture at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.) Set aside to cool until just warm to the touch.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder in small bowl to combine.
- Whisk eggs in second large bowl to combine; add sugar, vanilla, and salt until fully incorporated. Add cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift about one-third of flour mixture over chocolate mixture and whisk until combined; whisk in sour cream until combined, then sift remaining flour mixture over and whisk until batter comes together – do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among cupcake pan cups. Bake until skewer inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Take cupcakes out of pan and let cool. Cool to room temperature before icing, about 30 minutes.
- Place the powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
Printed with love from Thursday Night Baking
This entry was posted in chocolate
and tagged chocolate
, peanut butter
. Bookmark the permalink