Last night, Stephen and I bolted out the door 20 minutes before midnight to go by Diddy Reise to get cookies before it closed. On the way down, I ended up getting food at In-n-Out (so.yummy) and got my cookies to eat at home. Those lovely cookies that I was too full to eat, sadly got left at Stephen’s apartment and have probably already been eaten by them. So I decided that I would just make my own version of the cookies that I missed out on.
These cookies were always Stephen’s favorite cookies when we would go to Diddy Reise. When ever he said that it had white chocolate in it, I would instantly say “ew, white chocolate is poser chocolate” because I mean, technically, it’s true! Finally, I decided I would try it and mmmmmm I was wrong! The white chocolate is the perfect balance to all of the rich chocolate. It’s almost like a mini glass of milk with your cookie
When I told my parents that this is what I was making, they too had the same reaction that I had initially. “Ehhhh, I dont like white chocolate”. Lets just say I converted them over too.
Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips
2. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.